Associate Professor of Mathematics
Office: Tapley 309
- Ph.D. — Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
- Grad. Diploma (=M.S.) — International Centre for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy.
- B.S. — Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia.
I taught a wide range of math courses here at Spelman. Some of them include Abstract algebra, Real variables, Topology, Complex variables, Senior seminar, Calculus, Foundations of math, Linear algebra, Precalculus.
Research Interests: My interested broadly in algebra, specifically on computational commutative algebra and ordered algebraic structures.
- A topological structure on certain initial algebras., (with Anderson S, Smith A, Stewart P, and Usatine J.) Submitted for publication.
- Intersection of rational parameterized plane curves. , (with H. Wang) European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics 7 (2014) 191 – 200.
- Inversion of rational surfaces parameterizable by quadratics. , (with H. Wang) International Electronic Journal of Algebra 13 (2013) 69-75.