OSP supports project directors from award notification to grant close-out to ensure proper stewardship of external funds.
Project Directors may interact with the following offices as they implement and manage their sponsored projects. OSP can help coordinate these interactions.
- Office of Budget and Contracts
- Office of Procurement Services
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of the Controller
- Office of Public Relations/Communications
- Office of the Provost
OSP’s post-award services include:
- When an award letter is received, OSP will issue a Notice of Award to communicate award set-up instructions to project personnel the Provost and the Office of Budgets & Contracts.
- OSP will work with the Office of Communications to publicize the award, as well as posting the news to the OSP website.
- OSP offers one-on-one project director orientation and periodic workshops to build grant management expertise among Spelman faculty and staff.
- OSP provides a budget reconciliation template and one-on-one guidance in tracking grant expenses.
- OSP reviews sponsored programs budgets quarterly and works with project directors to make sure that funds are expended at an appropriate rate.
- OSP will advise the project director about grant modifications such as budget transfers, carryover funding and no-cost extensions (NCE).
- OSP will work with the PI to ensure that agency deliverables are submitted in a timely manner.
- OSP coordinates students and postdocs certification in the responsible conduct of research (RCR).
- OSP requires that grant applicants and project directors complete Conflict of Interest (CoI) training and submit a CoI disclosure form annually to the office of Faculty Human.
- OSP provides administrative support to Spelman’s Institutional Review Board.
- OSP will work with the project director to identify opportunities for continuation funding for a sponsored project that is ending.
- OSP will work with the project director, Budgets & Contracts and the Controller’s office to assemble and submit final reports
- Upon request, OSP will assist the Project Director in collecting final reports and other materials from subcontractors.