OSP convenes groups of faculty across the Atlanta University Center who are targeting specific grant opportunities.
The writing group that is active in spring 2018 focuses on proposal development in the humanities. The group meets from 3-4:30pm in the TRRC (Giles 16) unless otherwise noted below.
- 2/12/2018 Get to know each other (research topics, working styles, preferences); Set goals and ground rules
- 2/19/2018 Check-in; protected writing time
- 2/26/2018 Review drafts; Upload your draft to Dropbox by noon
If applying for Awards for Faculty program, prepare draft to send to program officer by March 1. Notify your OSP if applying for the April 11 deadline (Awards for Faculty or NEH fellowships)
- 2/28/2018 OPTIONAL Discussion of Helen Sword’s book “Air and Light and Time and Space: How Successful Academics Write” Please notify Denise McGinnis (dmcInnis@spelman.edu) if you will attend. 11am-12:30pm Giles 16. OSP copies have been disrtibuted so you’ll have to purchase your own.
- 3/5/2018 Check-in; protected writing time
- 3/12/2018 Spring Break – no meeting
- 3/19/2018 Review second drafts; Upload your draft to Dropbox by noon
- 3/26/2018 Go over non-research parts of the proposal, such as biosketch, budget (if applicable)
Confirm your grants.gov registration
- 4/2/2018 Check-in; protected writing time
- 4/9/2018 Put finishing touches on NEH Fellowships and Awards for faculty applications
The first such group focused on writing fellowship proposals in the humanities in spring 2017.
- 2/8/2017 Get to know each other, our research topics, working styles, preferences
- 2/15/2017 Claudia will hold office hours to answer questions about the RFP (location: Science 344)
- 2/17/2017 (no meeting) submit first draft via dropbox by midnight
- 2/22/2017 Review preliminary drafts; Dr. Stephen Knadler will facilitate the discussion
- 3/1/2017 (no meeting) Submit draft narratives for comment to FacultyAwards@neh.gov
- 3/8/2017 Review second drafts and discuss NEH program officer feedback
- 3/15/2017 (no meeting) spring break
- 3/20/2017 submit revised draft via dropbox by midnight
- 3/22/2017 Review revised drafts
- 3/28/2017 Upload abridged CV to dropbox
- 3/29/2017 Go over non-research parts of the proposal, such as biosketch, etc.; Confirm your grants.gov registration (Use FON 20170412-HB to register)
- 4/5/2017 Polish final drafts, Make appointment with your OSP for help assembling application packet
- 4/12/2017 (no meeting) Make appointment with your OSP to submit proposals through grants.gov; await confirmation messages and celebrate!