The Department of Defense, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD(R&E) is pleased to announce a proposal/application writing workshop as the second event in a series of activities intended to provide program, process, and funding opportunity information to our minority-serving institutions.
June 19, 2018, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Army Research Office, The Frontier Bldg., Research Triangle Park, NC.
Representatives from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Army, Navy, Air Force, and Defense Agencies, along with non-government presenters, will provide insights on writing competitive proposals/applications in response to Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) and other Funding Opportunity Announcements (FOAs).
The proposal/application writing workshop topics will include the following:
- Identifying and cultivating DoD funding opportunities
- Basic research interests and the construction of BAAs and FOAs
- “Other” programs: Outreach, enrichment, STEM, and workforce development
- Strategies for effective proposal/application writing
- HBCU/MI best practices
- Managing the proposal/application writing process
- What reviewers/panels consider when evaluating proposals/applications
- Preparing an effective budget
- Assistance instruments management and Grants.gov
The workshop hosts and planners anticipate an interactive event with opportunities for networking with workshop presenters and participants.
Points of Contact: Ms. Patricia Huff (Patricia.A.Huff26.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Evelyn Kent (Evelyn.W.Kent.email@example.com).
To register, please visit the website.