Spelman College, Clark Atlanta University and Morehouse College cordially invite humanities faculty in the Atlanta area and beyond to attend a workshop to support their development as successful grant-writers. The event will take place on January 26 from 1 – 5pm in the LLC auditorium at Spelman College.
Registration is now closed. Please contact Claudia Scholz (cscholz@spelman) if you have any questions.
12:30 Participant sign-in
1:00 Welcome and introductions by the host institutions
- Claudia Scholz, Spelman College
- Lisa Wilson, Clark Atlanta University
- Triscia Hendrickson, Morehouse College
1:15 Welcome from Georgia Humanities
- Kelly Caudle, VP for Communications
1:30 Overview of National Endowment for the humanities programs and special initiatives
2:30 Question and comment period
3:00 Mock Panel Session. All attendees are asked to read the sample proposal packet to prepare for the workshop.
- Beverly Guy-Sheftall, Women’s Studies, Spelman College
- Stephen Knadler, English, Spelman College
- Charissa Threat, History, Spelman College
3:45 Questions and comment period
4:30 Overview of AUC Humanities Fellowship Writing Group
4:45 Closing Remarks
Workshop participants who would like a private consultation with Dr. Macklem should send the following to Anitra Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 18. Consultations will be 15 minutes in length and take place during the afternoon of January 25 and morning of January 26 in the provost’s conference room (Rockefeller Hall, Spelman College). Priority will be given to faculty from AUC institutions. Private consultations are not available to faculty who are not registered for the workshop.
- Synopsis of your proposal idea (between one paragraph and one page long. Please include your last name in the filename)
- CV or bio (Please include your last name in the filename)
- Your availability on the afternoon of January 25 and morning of January 26.
Driving and parking: