OSP convenes groups of faculty across the Atlanta University Center who are targeting specific grant opportunities.
The first such group will focus on writing fellowship proposals in the humanities. This group will meet on the following Wednesdays from 3-4pm in the TRRC (Giles) unless otherwise noted below.
- 2/8/2017 Get to know each other, our research topics, working styles, preferences
- 2/15/2017 Claudia will hold office hours to answer questions about the RFP (location: Science 344)
- 2/17/2017 (no meeting) submit first draft via dropbox by midnight
- 2/22/2017 Review preliminary drafts; Dr. Stephen Knadler will facilitate the discussion
- 3/1/2017 (no meeting) Submit draft narratives for comment to FacultyAwards@neh.gov
- 3/8/2017 Review second drafts and discuss NEH program officer feedback
- 3/15/2017 (no meeting) spring break
- 3/20/2017 submit revised draft via dropbox by midnight
- 3/22/2017 Review revised drafts
- 3/28/2017 Upload abridged CV to dropbox
- 3/29/2017 Go over non-research parts of the proposal, such as biosketch, etc.; Confirm your grants.gov registration (Use FON 20170412-HB to register)
- 4/5/2017 Polish final drafts, Make appointment with your OSP for help assembling application packet
- 4/12/2017 (no meeting) Make appointment with your OSP to submit proposals through grants.gov; await confirmation messages and celebrate!
The second proposal writing support group will be for faculty applying for National Science Foundation Career Awards and will begin in May 2017. Interested faculty should register for this group by May 1.