The Spelman Archives have been awarded a $5,884 grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities for a conservator to perform a preservation assessment for Spelman’s Archival Collections. A comprehensive assessment is crucial for planning long term preservation strategies and goals for the diverse collection. The Spelman Archives were officially established in 1981 by Dr. Beverly Guy-Sheftall, as part of the Women’s Research and Resource Center. The project is under direction of the College Archivist, Holly A. Smith and Archives Assistant Kassandra Ware.
You are here: / / Spelman College receives grant for preserving the archival collections
- 2016 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor Degrees March 19, 2017Funding Opportunity ID: 286814 Opportunity Number: DHS-16-ST-062-001 Opportunity Title: 2016 DHS Scientific Leadership Awards for Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Granting Bachelor DegreesOpportunity Category: DiscretionaryOpportunity Category Explanation: Funding Instrument Type: GrantCategory of Funding Activity: EducationCategory Explanation: CFDA Number(s): 97.062Eligible Applicants: Public and State controlled institutions of higher educationPrivate institutions of higher educationAdditional Information on Eligibility: Agency […]
- Advice to minority scholars for obtaining financial support for research (essay) February 26, 2017The freedom that research support brings is particularly important for radical scholars of color, writes Victor Ray, who gives advice on how to obtain it.Victor Ray
- A tough-to-swallow reason college keeps costing more: the price of meal plans January 19, 2017Students at Trinity College can select from six varieties of infused water at the cafeteria in Mather Hall. Photo: Julienne Schaer WELLESLEY, Mass. — The main dining hall at Wellesley College is in the $65 million, 12-year-old Lulu Chow Wang Campus Center — students call it Lulu — overlooking Lake Waban. In front of floor-to-ceiling […]Tara García Mathewson
- What Errors Will Impact Your NSF Proposal? January 15, 2017NSF has implemented an automated process to help PIs identify proposal errors prior to submission in Fastlane. The next release of auto-compliance checks will support additional standard proposal type requirements and include checks for new types of proposals. NSF plans to implement FastLane changes effective January 30, 2017 that include the new compliance checks.See the […]Shelley Sprandel
- Study analyzes qualities associated with being a top researcher January 12, 2017Want to be a leading scientist? You’ll need perseverance, perfectionism, curiosity and openness to new experiences, according to research. You will also need to be able to regulate your emotions, have a strong sense of social responsibility and dedicate at least 10 hours a day to your work. Along with colleagues, Liliana Araújo, a research […]Holly Else for Times Higher Education