OSP is sponsoring a writing group for humanities faculty to develop and improve their fellowship proposals.
The writing group will provide:
- protected writing time,
- peer feedback,
- mentor feedback,
- a mock review panel for participants to learn about how proposals are evaluated, and
- support for communicating with program officers.
Who should participate?
- Faculty at any AUC campus
- in the humanities or humanistic social sciences
- who intend to apply for one or more of these fellowships in 2017
To sign up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before the holidays. We will schedule writing group meetings beginning in January. The mock review panel will take place in February.
Applicants who want feedback from NEH program officers must have their drafts complete by early March.
If this writing support group is successful, we will sponsor a second group over the summer for faculty preparing proposals for these fall deadlines:
- Sept. 27, 2017 NEH Summer Stipends
- Sept. 28, 2017 ACLS Fellowships
- Sept. 28, 2017 ACLS Burkhardt Fellowships for recently tenured scholars
To learn more about Humanities funding opportunities, see our blog series from last winter.