The National Science Foundation offers awards to early-career faculty in the sciences and social sciences. To be eligible for this opportunity, faculty must:
- Hold a doctoral degree in a field supported by NSF;
- Be engaged in research in an area of science, engineering, or education supported by NSF;
- Be employed in a tenure-track position as an assistant professor as of October 1 after the proposal submission;
- Be untenured as of October 1 following the proposal submission; and
- Have not previously received a CAREER award.
The deadlines are always in the third week of July and depend on the directorate that corresponds to the applicant’s discipline.
An applicant is limited to one proposal per year and three proposals total during their eligible years.
Applicants must detail their research and pedagogical agenda in the proposal.
There will be a webinar on May 22 to learn more about this opportunity.
Please notify OSP if you are considering an application.